Since the past decade, the spending on interactive digital signage networks has gone up tremendously. Marketers across the industry have upped their investment in digital display advertising. Unlike TV, display advertising today is all about going digital!
Those who go for digital display advertising do it to grab eyeballs and this is not about large advertising budgets or even heavy marketing. Small and medium businesses often resort to digital display marketing precisely to build brand awareness and grow leads over the Internet. There has been a considerable growth in website traffic mainly done within a manageable budget.
Here are a few facts you should know about growing your business through social networking channels and the Internet. You can also be a consumer and find this fact sheet useful:
- Digital display advertising is set to grow at about 20% each year every year till 2020. This will lead to influence buyers over the Internet and enable businesses to grow organically. Social networking sites are the best conduits for digital display marketing and the young are usually the hunting ground for potential consumers.
- Digital display advertising has a cost per thousand approach wherein companies charge advertisers at a rate set for 1000 hits. Increasingly, there are many advertisers that gain profits through the cost per conversion and the cost per click approach. These new pricing approaches are gradually making digital display successful.
- You can derive utmost value in digital display advertising. There are many stakeholders who create value in this process. Some target behavior of consumers. These behavior targeting networks allows consumers to click on an ad based on their preferences. This facilitates buying and selling on the web usefully.
- Digital display advertising is all about data driven decision making that infuses a lot of data and technology into the buying process and allows marketers to take decisions driven mostly by performance rather than on intuition. Advertisers can spend dollars based on real-time performance rather than perceptions or speculation.
- The inventories in digital display marketing continue to rise and that the challenge in the long run is all about too much supply for less demand. Such advertising is widespread across media and this oversupply leads to better performance. Sites that drive the most traffic always come out on top and marketers pay a high premium as these sites guarantee a lot of traffic across so much inventory.